Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudekis will break the drama. The former couple, who called off their engagement in 2020, were photographed embracing in Los Angeles on Friday. The friendly embrace is a marked shift for the pair, who have been at loggerheads for the past two years during her high-profile relationship with Harry Styles. The Don’t worry Dara director and Styles split in November.
Wilde, 38, and Sudeikis, 47, share two children together, son Otis, 8, and daughter Daisy, 6, and are “friendly” co-parents, a source told Yahoo Entertainment.
“Olivia and Jason only want the best for the baby,” the insider explains, confirming that the tension between them has eased in recent months. “Their children will always come first.”
Sudeikis and Wilde are both private celebrities, which is why it was so unusual for their issues to come out in the public domain last year. In April, Wilde was infamously served documents on stage during a presentation at CinemaCon.
“That was my workplace,” Wilde said Diversity without naming her ex-fiancé. “In any other workplace, it would have been seen as an assault. It was really upsetting. It shouldn’t have happened.” Wilde added that the “horrific” attack “required forethought” due to security protocols at the event; but Sudeikis denied having any control over her, that was settled.
“I didn’t want the service to be done at Olivia’s current partner’s home because Otis and Daisy could be there,” he said in a court filing last year, referring to Styles. The two disagreed about custody and where they should raise their children.
“I understand that the process server was just doing his job; but I deeply regret what happened. Olivia’s speech was an important event for Olivia, both professionally and personally, and I am very, very sorry that the incident marred her special moment ,” he added.
During the promotion Don’t worry, dear, Wilde tried to quash rumors that she left Sudeikis for Styles, calling the speculation “complete horse***.” But just as the press tour for Wilde’s film ended, the actors found themselves back in the news thanks to their former nanny. The woman was said to be busy when Wilde and Styles’ romance began and had a lot to say to the tabloids about that period.
Wilde and Sudeikis issued a joint statement, their first sign of unity in two years, to deny some of the allegations made by the nanny The Daily Mail.
“As a parent, it is incredibly upsetting to learn that the former nanny of our two young children would choose to publicly make such false and outrageous allegations about us,” they said. “Her now 18-month campaign of harassment against us, as well as loved ones, close friends and colleagues, has reached its unfortunate climax. We will continue to focus on raising and protecting our children with the sincere hope that she will now choose to leave our family on her own. “
Styles and Wilde’s split was confirmed in November, and while it was initially reported that they were just “taking a break”, it looks more permanent. It’s unclear where Sudeikis and Wilde stand on the custody arrangement, but their public embrace certainly seems like a positive sign.