With the January transfer window now open across Europe, there are plenty of rumors swirling around who will move where. Transfer Chat brings you all the latest gossip, upcoming, going and of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Mansion turns to Henrique after being snubbed by Williams
Aston Villa after diverting attention to young Brazilian talent Luiz Henrique after failing to sign a sports club striker Nico Williamsby Daily Mail.
Reports say Villa are prepared to activate Williams’ £45m release clause at club Bilbao, which would overshadow the £34.6m fee paid for the player’s transfer. wing Emiliano Buendia in 2021 from Norwich City.
Williams has emerged as one of Europe’s top talents and impressed at the 2022 World Cup with Spain, but the 20-year-old is said to want to stay in LaLiga for the moment.
With that, Villa coach Unai Emery is still looking for offensive reinforcements and has identified Henrique as a potential option. Henrique plays for Real Betis, and reports say he has a transfer value of around £20 million. The 22-year-old Brazilian signed for Betis last summer from Botafogo, and has scored three goals, along with five assists in all competitions this season.
Villa’s recent form under Emery has kept them out of the bottom three, but they are still eager to strengthen their attacking options, as they are just three points behind sixth-placed Brighton.
– Ayoze Perez preparing to leave Leicester City, with a move to Real Betis imminent, according to Rudy Galetti. The report states that Betis has managed to resolve several situations with the transfer away, which has allowed a deal with Perez to come close. Perez has been linked with leaving Leicester since the transfer window began, with a lack of consistent game time this season.
– Tiemoue Bakayoko According to Calciomercato, it looks like he will leave AC Milan and sign for Turkish club Adana Demirspor on a three-year deal. The 28-year-old midfielder is nearing the end of his two-year loan spell at Milan, however, it is believed he will have his loan term terminated early to sign for the Super Lig side.
– Nottingham Forest are increasing their interest in the Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper keylor navas after Dean Henderson’s injury, according to the Daily Mail. Henderson picked up a thigh injury during Forest’s clash with Leicester earlier this month and it remains unclear when he will return. This is said to have only increased their interest in Navas, the man behind Gianluigi Donnarumma at PSG.
– T.hiago Silva is set for a new deal at Chelsea, according to the Mirror. Silva’s current contract expires at the end of the season, however, it is believed that Graham Potter is keen not to lose the experience the 38-year-old Brazilian brings.
– Southampton turned to Marseille Bamba Dieng after a rejection from Nicolas Jackson, according to Express. The report states that the Saints are keen to reinforce their attack options and have flagged Dieng as one. It is thought they are very interested in Jackson, however, he now looks set to join AFC Bournemouth from Villarreal.